Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2012

Fire breaks out at Himalaya House, KG Mark, Connaught Place

Fire is often destructive – it throws life out of gear; besides the loss of property there would be huge loss of data, loss of work, loss of earnings, loss of lives and in its trail, it leaves the place totally affected; it would takes months to creep back to normalcy.

Sad, a security guard was charred to death when a major fire broke out in the multi-storeyed Himalaya House, housing several commercial establishments, in the heart of the capital  today [19th Nov 12] morning.  The blaze reportedly occurred at a 15 storeyed building, which is around 50 metres high on KG Marg near Connaught Place at around 6:20am and 32 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire which reportedly took all the morning.

The deceased has been identified as Jai Bhagwan (52), whose body was recovered from the eighth floor. Another guard Shiv Kumar was rescued from sixth floor while Raj Kumar was rescued from the 11th floor.  Thick plumbs of smoke poured from windows and flames were visible on a number of floors during the blaze, which was reportedly caused by an electrical fault at about 6.20am.

It is reported that the fire broke out about 6.30am on the third floor and quickly spread to higher levels. The deceased security guard was asleep as the fire raged; it is stated that casualties would have been higher had the fire broke out later in the day, as the 50-metre high is home to a number of companies.

with regards – S. Sampathkumar
19th Nov. 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment